Friday Mornings Fortnightly, 10am - 12.30pm
Autumn term 2022:
16 & 30 September, 14 & 28 October, 11 & 25 November, 9 December
Cost £105 if booked with payment 29 August 2022 | £119 thereafter
The first session of each term (16 September Autumn term) are open for newcomers to try, if there are still places avaialble in the group, pre-booking is recomended, after this the group is closed for the term. The cost is £15, if you join the group this would be deducted from the full cost.
Numbers are limited for these closed group, historically places do fill up so it is worth booking in plenty of time if you know you wish to join us.
For booking contact Rosie: 07813 018567 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosie has been offering closed groups locally since 2012. This Friday Morning Group is a new addition to what she offers as more and more people are asking for a regular daytime group.
This group is for anyone who wishes to explore their love of dancing in more depth with the support of a dedicated group. The intention of this group is to provide a safe container for explorations into the medicine of movement, giving us a chance to really discover more of our individual dances in conversation with the dance we share between us. In a closed group we are able to build the trust that enables more freedom of expression and adventuring together. Over the term we can take a journey with each other and really call on the support of the practices of Movement Medicine that invite us into more of who we truly are. Some of the places we might visit on this journey are:
• The simple practice of listening to, engaging with and truly inhabiting our physical bodies. This is the bedrock of our practice.
• The movement of and between our micro awareness, internal landscape, and macro awareness, all that is outside of us.
• The elements, earth, air, fire and water that we can call on as a resource and a place to remember that which we are made of.
• Yin and Yang - dancing with the archetypal feminine of listening, receiving and accepting what is; and the masculine of enagaging, encouraging and taking action; finding the creative dance between them.
• Unity and freedom - finding the place where we can move freely between being in our own dance and being in sync and connection with others.
This is an ongoing journey together, the group continues with a good core of people all the way through and then some shifts and changes each term, keeping it alive. The group is very community minded and warm and welcoming to newcomers, a real place of resource.
Measures that may be in place for Covid:
• If there are Covid guidelines for the space we will be adhering to them
“Of all the dance spaces I have experienced, I find Rosie's closed group the most nurturing, offering a deep journey and strong sense of sacred space. The class is founded around a core group, who have been dancing together for some years. This, combined with the closed nature of the class and Rosie's loving, intuitive holding, allow for a remarkable sense of trust, safety and permission. Rosie creates a gentle supportive containing field for her dancers, with her presence, her lovely music, and also her drum and voice. She is extremely sensitive to the many moods of both dancers and space, and I have a deep sense of 'all welcome, all received', just as we each are, right now - however flowing or jagged that may be. There is a palpable sense of kindness and connection in the room, co-created between Rosie and her dancers. All of this invites and supports deep diving. Rosie's Sunday dances have become one of the core strands of my own practice, for which I am profoundly grateful.” Lindsey