Movement Medicine with Rosie Perks
Exploring the landscapes of body heart and mind: when we move our bodies our hearts awaken, when we integrate this with the focus of our minds, engaging with what is happening, life becomes rich and open.
Movement Medicine weaves the exhilaration of free dance with the awareness of mindfulness, the depth of therapeutic understanding and the intelligence of shamanic practice. It is a trauma informed modality that supports us to explore our humanity with compassion, creativity and curiosity. Dance as a practice is a highly efficient tool for processing our experiences, traversing our emotions, and getting to know ourselves better.
A dance meditation practice for the times we live in, rooted in our connection to the natural word and the cycles of life, bringing support and expression to body, heart and mind. This dancing, moving mindfullness practice reconnects you to the wisdom of inhabiting your heart and the liberation of knowing yourself bettter, trusting who you are and your place in this world.
• enjoy the freedom of your moving body
• dance with and between your internal and external awareness
• connect with others and experience being acompanied in movement
• integrate the wider web of life and remember the resource of the elements we are made from
• discover support in making healthier choices for yourself and the world
• no moves to learn, no pace to keep to
• all human varieties, experiences & abilities very welcome