Thursdays fortnightly, 7pm - 9.30pm
Back in Dartington!
Studio 33 (Hex & Gym), Park Rd, Dartington Hall, Totnes, TQ9 6EQ map and directions >
Autumn term 2022:
15 & 29 September, 13 & 27 October, 10 & 24 November, 8 December
Cost £105 if booked with payment 29 August 2022 | £119 thereafter
The first session of each term (9 September Autumn term, 6 January Spring term and 28 April Summer term) are open for newcomers to try, if there are still places avaialble in the group, please check availability, after this the group is closed for the term. The cost is £17, if you join the group this would be deducted from the full cost.
Numbers are limited (and may be more so due to Covid restrictions) for this closed group, this group does tend to get full early so it is worth booking in advance if you know you wish to join us.
For booking contact Rosie: 07813 018567 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This group is for women who wish to explore their love of dancing in more depth with the support of a respectful and dedicated group of women. This group provides a safe and deeply nourishing container for explorations into the medicine of movement, giving us a chance to really discover more of our individual dances in conversation with the dance we share between us. In a closed group we are able to build the trust that enables more freedom of expression and adventuring together. Over the term we can take a journey with each other and really call on the support of the practices of Movement Medicine that invite us into more of who we truly are. Some of the places we might visit on this journey are:
• The simple practice of listening to, engaging with and truly inhabiting our physical bodies. This is the bedrock of our practice.
• The movement of and between our micro awareness, internal landscape, and macro awareness, all that is outside of us.
• The elements, earth, air, fire and water that we can call on as a resource and a place to remember that which we are made of.
• Yin and Yang - dancing with the archetypal feminine of listening, receiving and accepting what is; and the masculine of enagaging, encouraging and taking action; finding the creative dance between them.
• Unity and freedom - finding the place where we can move freely between being in our own dance and being in sync and connection with others.
This is an ongoing journey together, the group continues with a good core of women and then some shifts and changes each term, keeping it alive. The group is very warm and welcoming to newcomers, a real place of resource.
Measures that may be in place for Covid:
• If there are Covid guidelines for the space we will be adhering to them