the dance of remembering and restoring
RELINQUISH . REPLENISH is an opportunity to sink into the bones of our dance, returning to the essence of what truly holds and feeds us. At this time with the challenges we have been living in we will meet to dance both our vivacity and acceptance. Encouraging our moving beings to relinquish what no longer serves, giving it over to the dance as compost for life. To then replenish ourselves from the wellspring of life and connection.
We will take time to land fully in our awake bodies, giving ourselves over to the intelligence of the moving body. Working with the Movement Medicine Archetypal and Elemental maps to help us navigate and get support in our human challenges. We will work with resourcing your innate ability to move with whatever life presents; your trust and acceptance in who you are; the yin and yang of care taking yourself; and the lightness to be curious and find the freedom and creativity available in each moment.
Also drawing on Processwork, creative expression/reflection and intentional focus to clarify, remember and restore what matters to us. This is precious time in dancing community to learn together and lean into the support of human connection; much needed for many of us in these uncertain and stretching times.
Movement Medicine weaves the exhilaration of free dance with the awareness of mindfulness, the depth of therapeutic understanding, the intelligence of shamanic practice and spirit of creativity. Dance as a practice is a highly efficient way to process our experiences, allow our emotions, and get to know ourselves better. A highly useful resource at this time of massive challenge and uncertainty we are living in.
25 - 27 June 2021, Brighton UK (moved from 11 - 13 June in hopes of the opening out of restrictions before the workshop)
Friday 25 June 7 - 9.30pm, Saturday 26 June 10am - 6pm, Sunday 27 June 10am - 4.30pm
Limited places available in The Studio: Smaller group for Covid safety
Cost: £145 if booked with payment by 11.05.21, £175 thereafter.
The Studio, 39 Whippingham Road, Brighton, BN2 3PF
Your place will be reserved once you we have received your payment. If cancel your place before 11 June 2021 we will refund the fee minus an £80 cancellation cost. After 11.06.21 we unfortunately cannot refund any monies.
To book or if you have any questions contact Annamarie: +44 (0)7921 842621, email@example.com
*Measures for Covid in The Studio - should they still be needed
• We will keep the group small to make sure we can dance with a 2m distance
• For those that wish to have closer contact it is possible to dance side by side or have back to back contact
- face to face dancing needs to be at a 2m distance
• There are several hand washing facilities and we will provide plenty of hand sanitiser in the studio
• We ask participants to wash or sanitise hands on arrival and at the beginning and end of every session (we would also recommend once during each session as well)
• We ask participants to avoid hand contact, if hand contact is necessary please wash or sanitise hands directly afterwards
• Usually participants share food and we provide cushions, blankets and tissues, on this workshop:
- We ask participants to bring food to eat just for themselves (not to share), and if possible to bring their own eating and drinking utensils
- For those travelling that cannot bring their own utensils there are utensils at the venue and you will select a set at the
beginning of the weekend and then keep them as your personal set for throughout the workshop
- Please bring your own blankets, cushions or other sitting and resting things as required (we won't be bringing any to share)
- Please bring your own tissues. We will have some pre-packaged ones for individuals for those that forget but we wish to
avoid waste and extra cost if possible.
Hopefully this all makes sense, feel free to contact Annamarie with any questions you might have. Obviously it will take us a little getting used to all of this but we feel confident we will still be able to find our way to connection and support together. We know that many of us are SO wanting to get back into a room and dance together we felt it was worth the extra stretch and adaptation. There are many dancing ways to connection, support and love!
Should we be unable to meet due to another lockdown, we will refund all places or transfer them to a rescheduled date if you prefer.